View Single Post
Old 07-24-21, 10:17 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10440 Post(s)
Liked 11,914 Times in 6,101 Posts
I've been feeling bad recently about driving the 8 miles back and forth to Canada Road to ride on weekday afternoons - ever since the Heat Event in the PNW. So I've been Zwifting instead, even though it's summer and good riding weather. I don't really feel safe riding from home in the late afternoon - or more to the point, I would not feel safe riding home in the late afternoon, since that's when commuters are coming home. I'm thinking maybe until I go back to 'work at work' I will try taking an early afternoon break, once I'm all done with potential Zoom meetings with folks on the East Coast.

First world problems, I know.

Anyway, last night instead of tossing the Schwinn in the Dodge and going for a ride IRL, I decided to toss the Ritchey on the Snap and ride in the garage. There was a Circuit Race on the Champs-Elysees, so I signed up for that. Started with 17 riders, but 4 of us went off the front early and stayed there. Every time I tried to take a pull one of the other three would go ahead of me, so I figured, 'Fine! I'll just wheelsuck and we'll see what happens in the final sprint!" And sure enough, I pipped the leader at the line by 0.12 seconds and won the race! So I'm still kicking ass in the D's, and haven't yet been 'coned' for being too powerful for my category. "Yeah, that's me. King of the Dips***s."

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles