View Single Post
Old 05-09-22, 10:44 AM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,290 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by muse kidd
Seems like the majority of (us) go the shower cap route. The ones I buy here in the UK generally are double layered (one water-proof outer layer with decorative flourishes for the fashionable bather and one inner plastic layer providing double protection from water damaging your latest hair-do). My lovely black & white paisley print now features additional decorative panels of shiney grey duct-tape, which along with the additional styling, this also assists to prolong the life of my most necessary cycling accoutrement.
Yes, a shower cap works very well, and is quick and easy to put on. It is a cheap and effective solution, and stores very small. Don't get me wrong, I do have a Brooks seat cover, but it is generally used when I am transporting the bike on a bike rack, other than that, I usually use the shower cap. I did use the Brooks cover when I commuted and had to park it outside on windy, rainy days, but then again, other days I simply used the shower cap. It's nice to have a fitted cover like the one made by Brooks, but they take more time to put on, and are no more effective than the simple shower cap.

Your double layer cap sound very nice. Personalized with duct tape is even better.