Old 06-11-22, 07:27 PM
Cnguyen323

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
The descents you are taking don’t really matter. For flat stuff, you could probably get away with putting your foot on the tire. Riding in traffic is a different story but on the open road or better yet, gravel road, no biggie.

The tires will make small a difference but it’s probably not enough to break the bank over.

If you’re riding gravel tires around 40-50psi, you might consider doing a ghetto tubeless setup on your bike. It used to work great on mountain bikes before tubeless became standard. I wouldn’t do it at road bike pressure though.
I am running about 40-45 PSI so I think I may attempt the ghetto tubeless. I’m pretty novice in the both cycling and mechanic aspects. I ride mostly flat predictable terrain, though I have some interest in taking my gravel bike on some tame flowy trails. I assume hybrid calipers from juin tech would be enough for that sort of thing.

I try to avoid traffic as much as possible. There are some high speed feeders and main suburban roads that I have to cross to get to my typical trails.