View Single Post
Old 07-25-22, 02:48 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4257 Post(s)
Liked 1,357 Times in 942 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Would you take a minute and describe what the options are for getting to a route if you are not actually on it ?
??? I did that. If you start/load a route and you are not on it, you get one option: the standard "navigate to start" option.

...the routing should be similar to a scenario where you go off course - or leave the route.
I get that it could be similar but you don't get the same options when starting a route.

I had read they had greatly improved options for this, such as a described in my quote from DC Rainmakers review.
The quote you provided from DC Rainmaker talked about leaving a route. Again, the 1030+ is better than the 1030 (I had one and still have it in the family) is better (but not perfect) when leaving a route.

It appeared that you had several options to get onto the course if you were not starting on the actual course.
I don't get how you are seeing starting a route as the same thing as leaving a route. "Start" and "leave" are different words.

(It's not unreasonable to expect that the two different cases would have similar options. But they don't.)

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-25-22 at 02:59 PM.