Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6187 Post(s)
Liked 4,806 Times in 3,315 Posts
Originally Posted by goose70
This is definitely me. On nearly all rides and races, the warm-up and first part are hell. I need to will myself through those, but then I often feel like superman (if I can avoid being dropped the first half). That's one reason I've kept pushing these past few weeks. Sometimes it has worked, but more and more, the second half doesn't come to life like it should.
If you are constantly riding with a group then you probably are overreaching for your current level of fitness. It's not a bad thing to overreach on occasional rides. To a certain extent it's how you tell your body you want to get better.

You should be riding more rides by yourself or with a very few others that also feel worn out after riding with the group. Those rides should be a fair amount of just comfortable riding at what ever speed you can comfortably maintain at that moment. Eventually you'll be one of the few that find the group ride too slow and might at that time want to get with another group. But only riding at overreaching efforts will put you in a performance plateau where you'll never get much better.... IMO.

Still, you need to get those night sweats checked out. Unless your homes thermostat is raising the temps while you sleep, then that's something odd. Also IMO.