Old 07-09-21, 02:31 PM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
Cav just equaled one of Merckx' records, he set many more. Also the race is very different, everyone is specialized and has specific roles. The length of each stage, the level of support and team work is different.

So who holds the home run record Hank Arron or the guy with the huge head? Hank did it under totally different conditions and Barry.. .well, he'll never have HOF after his name.

What makes Cav's run for the record so special is the circumstances that just a week or so before the Tour he wasn't going. And after the past few years of his health, he almost retired. Now some will say that the best sprinters dropped out of the Tour already, but as my son pointed out, the Tour is an ordeal that needs to be endured. You need to survive, be smart and BE IN IT. It also takes a lot of luck and a team that 110% supports you.

I think it would be great if the team supported MICHAEL MØRKØV for a stage win, after all, he let Cav have this stage win.
Yeah, saw that. Morkov did back off to give it to Cav. All class and a great team mate. Agree with everything you say, especially the part about who the real home run champ is. If I had a vote, I'd NEVER vote for a known cheater for the hall.