redxj
N+1

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sykerocker
Craigslist or word of mouth. I'm not interested in shipping, as I spent ten years running a mail-order business. Besides, I've got a big enough market area with the local colleges.
I have two local colleges and I live in a very bike friendly town. I will ship and for most of the stuff I have sold in the past few months have shipped most of it. I didn't for the longest time, but finally figured out I was loosing out on easy money. Now these are parts I am willing to ship and not complete bikes. I have shipped only one frame/fork that I sold on CL, and it sold for $75+shipping costs. I wouldn't ship any under $50 frame/fork I was selling as it is not worth the effort.

Most of the items I do ship tend to be higher end vintage parts that besides on Ebay can be tough to find. When pricing those items I look on Ebay and see what range they sell for. I usually go right in the middle of the range and hope for the best. I can always lower the price in the end if I want to. If it doesn't sell within so much or I really need money I list a bunch of stuff on Ebay.