Old 10-03-22, 10:05 AM
Axeman88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilFo
Panaracer also makes the Col De La Vie Randonnee in 26 x 1 3/8 as well as a T-Serv in that size.
I've been riding a set of K40s on my 1956 Rudge since 2015 and they are great. It's not a daily rider, so they haven't worn through. They offer decent puncture resistance (I'm in Philly and that's a big issue in the city.)
A set of 650B wheels could always be laced up for a Raleigh pattern bike for a wide selection of tires, but considering the ubiquity of this size around the world, I don't think there is any shortage of options.
I'm not finding the Col De La Vie on Panaracer's website, although I see one can still buy them from various bike stores. Panaracer USA – PanaracerUSA Discontinued?

I like your idea of using 584 tires, the rims will be closer to the original location for the caliper brakes. I don't like calling them 650B though, this system seems just as, or maybe more confusing than the 26x designations. And I don't have any 584 rims laying around, where I have a big stack of 559s, and 622s

Originally Posted by Velo Mule
There are plenty of options for the EA3 (590) rims @LifeNovice1 . Your best bet would be online shopping to get the best variety. I like the Schwalbe Delta Cruisers.
Schwalbe Delta Cruiser in creme for a different look.
The tire you linked to says it is a 40-559. But I see that Schwalbe does sell this model in 590 size. It appears they offer at least 4 different models in 26x1-3/8 (590).

Nevertheless, I'm not seeing ubiquity, I'm seeing fewer options each year. 10 years ago, a forum member posted this list of 590 tires. Bike Forums - View Single Post - tire options at 26x1 3/8? Most of these models seem to be dead today. On the other hand, I see this recent post that suggests 26x1-3/8 (590) is alive, (and cheap!) in Cambodia, Bike Forums - View Single Post - For the love of English 3 speeds... so perhaps there's no reason to get worried.

The Schwinns and their 597s are still likely to have few options. Sunlite is an importer, not a manufacturer, right? The blackwall picture of the Sunlite 597 tire found here says "Kenda": Sunlite 26" Recreational Tire (Black/Gum) (26" / 597 ISO) (1-3/8") - Performance Bicycle (performancebike.com)
Likes For Axeman88: