jemaleddin
New but Nice

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus 3.0, 1981 Fuji S12-S Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
That brings up the question of what to do about HR drift during long intervals. I'm agnostic on that subject. On the one hand, holding a steady effort by power seems like a good idea, but OTOH do we really want to go through various stages of lactate build-up during an interval? AFAIK, blood lactate levels over time are related to HR, not to power.
I do not know what to do about that either. I did a metric century today on the NCR trail (a rail-trail that goes 40 miles form the Baltimore suburbs to York, PA, mostly packed crushed stone and dirt) today and for the first 2 hours I tried to keep myself in zone 2, but when it was time to turn around I was behind schedule (stupid eating, slowing me down) and just rode "fast" without looking at my HR very much, which means that I ended up doing it mostly in zones 4 and 5. But HR drift meant that I had to keep slowing down at the end of 2 hours to stay in zone without creeping up, and I'm not sure how to deal with that either!

(And of course the question of, "Are theze zones even right?")

Edited to add: is there a way to attach images without them being... ginormous? SORRY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
IMG_1807.jpeg (358.2 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by jemaleddin; 02-27-24 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding a question about images