Old 05-31-16, 02:44 AM
Chipoleany

Bikes: Cinelli Mash Parallax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Does anyone else bring the bike inside the store while shopping?

I do this most of the time and only lock up when absolutely necessary and I feel like my bike will be safe. I am always very respectful and very careful never to let my bike get in anyones way usually politely ask if I can bring my bike in. Most places are fine with this but lately I've had a few places refuse to let me bring it in which I can understand unless there is no bike rack or place to lock up outside. This happened the other day at Petco which really upset me because I rode about 12 miles to get there and they don't have a rack and the store clerk was a total jerk about it. I called the corporate office and explained the situation and was told that there is no policy against it and that they would speak to the store. I get a call from the general manager today apologizing and he said my bike is welcome there anytime as long it's on a leash. Just kidding about the leash part but curious as to what the general consensus is from other people. I live in a major U.S. metropolitan city that has a reputation for being very unfriendly towards bikes.
Likes For Chipoleany: