View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 06:05 PM
rch427

Bikes: 1965 Hetchin's, 1977 Galmozzi, 1956 Rochet, 1947 Gnome et Rhone, 1972 De Rosa, 1948 Bates B-A-R, 1989 Trevor Jarvis (Baines) "Flying Gate", etc.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Piff
I think you know deep down it won't fit. And if the period correct components are that expensive, then I would imagine there isn't a huge amount of variance in seat post length, stem rise, stem length, handlebar type...which also makes it harder to fit.
Deep down, my good and bad selves are battling it out. We'll see who wins.

The only critical component length would be the seatpost, and I would presume that a sufficiently tall one could be found. All of my bikes are set up the same, with period-correct components: 3-speed hub with coaster brake, porteur bars, front drum brake with bar-end lever, etc. Yes, even my Hetchin's.

Originally Posted by Piff
This is assuming that you can't use random parts to check out the fit because it uses funky standards.
TBH, I don't know what the standards are; they might be pretty "normal". But I don't have any of the necessary random parts lying around, and taking them off of my other bikes to test them is more troublesome than one might think, with geared hubs, etc.