View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 06:11 PM
rch427

Bikes: 1965 Hetchin's, 1977 Galmozzi, 1956 Rochet, 1947 Gnome et Rhone, 1972 De Rosa, 1948 Bates B-A-R, 1989 Trevor Jarvis (Baines) "Flying Gate", etc.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
Hard pass. You won’t ride it. You won’t enjoy it. Never fully at least. I’m assuming this frame builder doesn’t build frames anymore or is no longer around to do so, which is why you haven’t sprung for your own. But another will come along. Have you put feelers out here to get help looking for one? You’d be surprised what people can help you track down.
The builder retired in the '80s, back when I was riding a lime green Schwinn Varsity.

I've had my feelers out for one of these for 8 or 9 years now, and like I said, in that time I've only seen maybe a dozen come up for sale, everywhere (and I check not just eBay but I use one of those meta-search engines that searches all Craigslist locations, etc.) None have been cheap, and many have been 2-3 times what this example would cost me.

Originally Posted by polymorphself
But you’re looking for people to talk you into something that you clearly know is a waste of time and money, if we are being blunt and honest. 55cm for someone your size is silly.
I'll have you know that I am quite capable of talking myself into wasting time and money, thank you very much. But yeah...you may be right about the size not being able to be compensated for. *sigh*