Thread: nite riders?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-22, 08:40 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
I know what you mean, but, you could kill the light. Maybe not. Hard to know without a good gauge. I had a Li-ion battery pop and send out fumes while in my hand. I thought the switch was failing so I just kept turning on the light. I drained it too far. Could happen to any Li-ion. For example search for Tesla that explodes when just sitting around. There are a few videos. There was some small drain on the battery and they got too low. even a little condensation on contacts or wires can do it. It happens in all kinds of things (e-bikes) etc.

Do you carry a small tripod for pics of the wheels etc?
thank you. no nite rides yet but will be soon. will keep all that in consideration

oh my wheel pics? yesterday just put the camera on the ground & road by it. but yes on regular rides, especially off road, I have a small plastic travel pod w/ a velcro strap to attach it to trees. also I have a camera stick w/ a DIY quick release. good for low action while moving. in the beginning, I just held my camera w my hand & leaned way down. I don't always use them but when I get a whacky idea, it's fun to try different things

I put the same quick release on the stick, the mini pod, the bars & the helmet

they use this one to sell their toe clip covers

they ride on the trunk under a cpl bungies

Last edited by rumrunn6; 11-13-22 at 08:49 PM.