View Single Post
Old 11-19-22, 07:34 AM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
I'm not very flexible, and certainly not as flexible as I used to be in 1995, back when this used to be the do-it-all daily conveyance. Between my lack of flexibility and my losing battle with my potbelly (I won that war just before COVID, but I've been eating my feelings lately) the flat bar conversation seemed to make sense... until I actually did it and rode the bike and realized that maybe I should've had a little more discipline and stuck with drop bars!

With that being said, I have a set of NOS Sora 2x7 brifters that the shipping agent should be dropping off any day now. I still have the original drop bars; all I need is some new bar tape that I can pick up locally. I still have the original, non-adjustable quill stem, but I'm going to be using the adjustable one for now. Other than that - brake/shift cables, ferrules and what not - I've got everything I need.
If you have issues with flexibility, I would not use your old handlebars. There are some good short reach road bars here:

https://ritcheylogic.com/bike/handlebars

Make sure your stem attachment is compatible. Most newer road bars are 31.8mm.
Likes For Lombard: