Old 01-07-23, 11:58 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
Remember map pouches on handlebar bags? I can't tell you how many times I got 'misdirected' between Hingham, Cohasset and Scituate Mass when I lived up there in the late '80s early '90s

When I was on active duty in New Jersey I studied google maps and used a lot of dead reckoning slowly expanding my route/s

This is how I got around the Dover De area when we sat alert down there while the McGuire runway was rebuilt in 2010. I bought a GPS while there but found if cumbersome to map out a route and load it, plus if you deviated like through a parking lot or construction detour it wouldn't automatically reroute you you had to back track! It quickly became a $500 Speedo/HR meter

PS I used to do this when I drove long haul too check out the map and just write 'short hand' directions to myself. Worked pretty good unless I stumbled on a state highway that was restricted but the atlas didn't show it.

Classtime When I first starting riding with groups it was real struggle to keep up, because if I didn't I would be lost, so I always hated dropping people and would try real hard to stay with them. I had a group drop me like a bad habit out of McGuire (Ft Dix) one night and I didn't think I was ever getting home again.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 01-07-23 at 12:20 PM.
Likes For Bianchigirll: