View Single Post
Old 11-11-19, 04:11 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr

My initial post was 2 fold- asking why a gravel bike is being discussed here and why some in the thread criticize the bike for not being designed as a touring bike.
Both things confused me.
I'll put my hand up as the culprit for beginning this discussion.

I agree that criticizing something like the Aspero for not being like a regular touring bike misses the point...even if this is a touring forum.
The point is that it looks like another interesting bike for people who want some big tyre clearances and have set ups that don't need lots of places to attach stuff. It's just one to add to the list, but I think the Specialized Diverge is better value for money and being a bit more like a road bike is maybe better for lightweight road biased touring. I have my eye on the Diverge Sport, but I'll replace the carbon seat tube with an AL one and use a Cambium saddle and probably go with 32 mm Gatorskins. Other than that the stock bike looks good.

Last edited by nun; 11-11-19 at 05:22 PM.