View Single Post
Old 10-11-20, 07:26 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 498 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Fountain
Colnago's straight bladed 'Precisa" front fork was introduced ( not a new concept though) by Colnago in 1988. The Colnago description includes:
As tested by Ferrari, "Vibration absorption is maximised (also benefitting the integrity of the headset), the danger of resonance by vibrations transmitted from uneven surfaces is controlled, and better comfort and handling precision is achieved. Simply put, a frame with a straight fork is much easier to control, and is more safe and stable – a success! From that moment on, the Precisa fork, renamed by Ernesto Colnago, supplanted the classic style and the entire cycling industry adapted the new design."

As for the Mapei colour scheme, I think this is a desirable colour scheme that celebrates the
Paris-Roubaix winning bikes of Franco Ballerini 1995, 1998, Andrea Tafi 1999, and Johan Museeuw 1996 (Colnago Mapei's finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd) and 2000.
Beautiful frame, I love the master profile tubes.
The Precisa fork is so nice that Colnago even used them on the earlier C40 carbon bikes. I have one of those models and love the ride and looks.