Old 08-09-21, 06:49 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
c-note encompassing a buncha bike paths. was so cooked near the end, i spaced on taking the sart to the newport beach area
(where i started) and ran the fairview gauntlet roughly a half mile east instead all the way to newport. tried to hook up with a questionable
rio hondo bike path interface heading sw towards the la river path and was rebuffed since it looked trespassing qualified (now it looks like
maybe i coulda gotten away with it). did the few miles of the whittier greenway path (southbound) which is really nice and pleasant and parallels
whittier and lambert blvd for a few miles. lower stretch of the sgrt is still nice...after the 10 miles northbound point, still handy but meh.
entertained the old in-n-out replica of the original hamburger stand in baldwin park since it's relatively close to the sgrt. had some good success
heading south from the whittier area on both la mirada blvd and magnolia blvd enroute back to costa mesa. both streets were relatively wide and with solid pavement.

longest ride since early spring. all five toes on the left foot were objecting in unison starting at mile 80. rest of the body? surprisingly good.

thought i was gonna hafta call 911 up by the santa fe dam. was 25-30 yards behind a strong rider wearing a new mexico jersey while riding east
on live oak/arrow hwy by the dam at the light where you can either break left and head onto the dam route and climb up it or right and hit the sgrt at the 30 miles
(to seal beach) point. dude semi-casually drifted into the left (dam) lane with an approaching truck coming on at speed. driver fortunately slammed on the
brakes. methinks the cyclist guy spaced out (we've all been there) and got lucky because it was close. my heart was in my throat. if either the rider or driver reads this,
there was a bit of luck involved there and a lesson in awareness for riders and drivers. glad everyone is good.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5766057568

Last edited by diphthong; 08-09-21 at 07:26 PM.
Likes For diphthong: