View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 08:27 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I love riding gravel roads, it's actually my favorite form of riding besides mountain biking, what I dislike is all the marketing BS associated with this particular activity....Lack of experience ???....I converted two of my rigid forked MTBs to drop bars and started riding gravel way back in 2009, long before it became trendy. It's 2021 now so that gives me 11 years of experience of riding gravel and I know exactly what I need....I refuse to buy into all the marketing BS that's out there.
Ok, allow me to adjust my prior comment.

Get over your irrational hate. You are being led to a conclusion due thinking reality is based on what media you consume.

There ya go, accurate now.
Its awesome that you know what you need. Thats the case with a lot of cyclists- they know what they need and buy accordingly. That doesnt mean their genre/discipline is elitist snobbery just because brands market their products to a different audience.
Please tell me you can see this exact same thing with road cycling, mountain biking, triathlons, etc. It is absolutely no different- brands market an image, but that doesnt mean the entire genre is actually that image.
You have to be able to know marketing /= reality. If marketing was reality, then me buying a 6 pack of bud light back in college would have started a pool party.