Thread: 91 Klein Rascal
View Single Post
Old 09-01-21, 04:58 AM
victorm

Bikes: 91 Ritchey Ultra, 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper, 1990 Klein Rascal, 97 Trek OCLV9700, 90 Minnelli Eclipse, 95 Marin Bear Valley SE, 1991 Breezer Lightning Flash 1991 Diamondback Axis 1992 Stumpjumper Comp 1983 Stumpjumper Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 646 Times in 236 Posts
Originally Posted by ShannonM
I've been using SRAM chains for so long, I don't even know what else to recommend.

Cosmetically, they all end up kinda lookin' the same after a few hundred miles anyway, no? (Except for maybe colored BMX chains, but I haven't had one of those since the 1st Reagan administration.)

--Shannon

PS: Oh, darn... I think I just figured out what you meant by "chain type"! I was talking about the fact that the last 1/4th of the chainstays and seatstays are painted black... had nothing to do with the color of your chain.

I are dumb.

thanks for the input, I’ve been using KMC chains and am happy with them as I really only do city trail riding. I think something with black inner links and nickel outlets would look the part. Am really wanting to try hot wax as chain lube though. That would be new to me but it sounds like it’s the new go to.

on a side note I am the dumb one for not know what 1/4 Black chain and seat stays meant. 🤓 learning the lingo as I go.