Old 08-28-22, 08:09 AM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
Originally Posted by CheGiantForLife
I Set off for a random ride today. I decided I may opt for a longer ride and keep going out.
So, I grabbed an empty plastic soda bottle and filled it with electrolyte water.
I then thought how people waste $40 on a water bottle. Not just bikers, but in general.

What are the biggest wastes of money in biking?
I’d not pay $40 for a water bottle but $20 since it is reusable and stays in the $12 water bottle cage. I got a free bottle from Voler when I bought a jersey and shorts on sale. Anyway. Unlike buying a water bottle with water that will fling out leaving dehydrated at the side of the road. Oh yes you can refill the bottle with the cumbersome screw on cap but they tend to be hard to clean.

Now things that I bought that were a waste of money. SRAM derailleurs pulleys for the wrong derailleur is one.

Another was the Blendr mount for a Garmin GPS. Sits out front but the GPS vibrates too much to focus on when on a rough road. Slick fit but not worth it.

Buying ahead of time two pair of 23mm GP5000 tires to replace a worn pair. Hey they were on sale. When I broke my Madone 5.0 and replaced it with a Domane SL6. Narrow tires were a little too stretched on the 25mm rims. Ah but gave them to my cousin for his older Cervelo.

Last edited by biker128pedal; 08-28-22 at 08:24 AM.