Old 03-29-11, 07:59 PM
Trouble
Sloth Hunter

Bikes: 03 Lemond Zurich (Sold) 07 Steelman Custom steel road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, my name is ___ and I'm a position addict. Yep, I jacked with my Sunday position...badly...I put on the 120 stem, flipped it down, lowered all the way, came home, put on the steeper drop 110 stem, put it all the way down, moved my seat up, down, back, forward, tilted it up and down and then I exploded.

Back to Friday's position. I need to do what pbd does, minor adjustments and just ride for a while and document more.
Part of my addiction, which leads to my own discomfort, is doing too many things at the same time...when will I learn.

rat fink, thanks for the great response. The rami that he refers to is a anterior position of the ischium, the posterior being the ischial tuberosity, the ramus being the whole thing...I think. When I look at a lateral view of the pelvic girdle I get how this could be more comfortable than sitting on just the i.t.

Campag, thanks for the graphic.

I'm going to start first with saddle height. I really think that I have been riding with my saddle too high. A long time ago I was "fitted" and the saddle measurement (different saddle) was 78.4 and fixated on this measurement. When measured from the BB up the ST to the saddle, it makes my seat too high. My metric for this is that I am unable to spin a fluid high cadence. Plus it has been causing me discomfort (then again maybe I have been sitting wrong). Anyway, something that allows me to power through a smooth pedal stroke, especially while climbing. Not sure if I'm measuring correctly as I've seem measurements going from the back part of the saddle down to the BB.

Next, I'm going to find that balance point, taking into account saddle tilt and fore-aft . I just can't ride long distance comfortably with the seat forward. Maybe I'm more torso and femur long and the measurement that I was put at was based too much off of KOPS.

Then, I'll experiment with stem length and drop.