Old 11-23-21, 04:04 PM
CyclingFool95 

Bikes: 1987 Pinarello Montello, 1996 Litespeed Classic, 1996 Colnago Master Light, 1997 Litespeed Ultimate, 2006 Opera Leonardo FP, 2006 Pinarello Paris FP, 1984 Pinarello Record, 89-ish Cornelo Profilo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryBSky

Clark Kent
I did pick up this Clark Kent on CL . The seller was moving and let it go for a bargain price. Dispute the decal, he never mentioned that it was titanium. Just that he had gotten it from a friend.
Nice looking bike. I wanted to buy a Clark Kent back in 95 after reading an article about them in Bicycling or BG (I forget which). They had some kind of issue (I think that might be when they closed up shop?) and my LBS owner got me a brushed Litepseed Classic with Kestrel fork instead. I still have that bike, although its now running Chorus 11 instead of Chorus 8. My dream Ti bike had been the polished Litespeed Ultimate (ala Chevy LA Sheriffs) but the price was way out of my budget (for that matter so was the Classic, but I made it work). Last year, I picked up a polished 97 Ultimate on ebay for $500 shipped - I did spend a bit more to swap the Profile BRC fork for a yellow/black Litespeed Look fork I was able to find on ebay. You can find a good deal if you're patient but given that Ti is forever (ish), it does hold its value fairly well.