Old 11-06-05, 08:26 AM
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...

Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is my 1988 Rocky Mountain Wedge (17.5") that is still my main ride today. In 1988 it was extreme as it had that radical sloping Toptube that was strange in comparision to level top tubes. It came with Full Deore XT 6-speed with U-Brakes front and back.

The Frame is Tange Prestige and it is all Filet brazed. It came with a costom 6 color splatter paint that is still lovely to look at today inspite of all the hard miles this bike has seen. Note the cable routing along the top tube, that was also different for a MTB of this era.

It was hand made in Vancouver Canada by Lance Bolen, now CEO of Rocky.

I have graded it over the years to a 7 speed system, as well I have rebuilt the wheels with Mavic rims, alloy nipples and 14/15/14 double butted spokes. It has a Titanium Bottom bracket with self extracting crank bolts. It had a matching fork, however the steer tube was bent on a jump, so I replaced it with a Syncros straight fork, then the Judy when suspension forks come out.

This is a 1988 GT Karakoram K2 (17.5"). I put slicks on it this summer and will turn this in to a full commuter with fenders and lights. I had bought it for my wife back then, however we later upgraded her MTB to a better fitting frame 1 year later and this one hung in the rafters of the garage forever.....

The best part of this bike is the Kickstand I love having this

Last edited by ViperZ; 11-06-05 at 08:35 PM.