View Single Post
Old 12-20-05, 11:58 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 386 Posts
Here are some pics of my old (and beloved) GT Karakoram. I am pretty sure it is a 1989 or 1990 GT, I bought it used in 1993 and have ridden the heck out of it up until the last 3 years or so when I got ahold of an old Ciocc road bike and gave the GT to my brother in law. The bike had that lousy old U-Brake system on the rear and it kept breaking (not braking!) so I knocked off the old bosses and put on some new, lower ones that would accompany a set of V-brakes, that is what the second pic shows. I will have to strip the frame though as I think the black touch up paint doesn't look so hot and you can also see that the frame is a bit rusty in spots. I had a great clear-coated aluminium Synchros stem on there but traded it for a black one, which I will put on this spring when I get the bike powder-coated. It should look good. It has been a great bike for me and, although it might look kinda beaten up, it has been a workhorse through many, many tough Toronto winters and I have had very few problems with it. It is a great looking bike and will look even better soon