Old 10-05-22, 09:32 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked 3,506 Times in 1,396 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
My dark passion has been for French randonneuse bicycles for several years, while all the time I've been collecting, restoring and riding mostly vintage English steel... Based on everything I've read and all of the hundreds upon hundreds of bicycles I've admired in photographs and caught rare glimpses of in person, quite some time ago I came to the conclusion that as far as steel frame designs and accompanying components are concerned, a classic randonneuring frame is probably the best bicycle for the kind of middle-to-long distance amateur countryside riding that I enjoy most. The purposeful nature and thoughtful integration of components such as brake calipers, racks, fenders and lighting systems make them incomparable to any "standard" frame style.

I'll finally be able to test my theory soon enough... For now, some other fine examples!

Beautiful!