Old 09-29-21, 11:18 PM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Calsun
"Most" means who exactly and it obviously makes a huge difference in the type of car for starters. A large SUV costs more to buy and finance and has higher DMV fees and higher annual insurance rates and replacing the tires is far more expensive than for someone driving a Ford Focus or similar small car. The large SUV costs more even while it is parked.
I own both a 2007 Ford Focus and a 2007 Toyota 4Runner. The Focus never moves and still costs me more to own than the 4Runner. 4Runner is daily driven by my wife to work and we spend $25/month getting her to and from work. The Focus had exactly 12 miles out on it this year which is up exactly 12 miles from last. It’s costing me $75/ month just to let it sit… my annual insurance is $4,000 on 3 vehicles, a motorcycle, and a boat. So in all actuality its costing us $200 a month for it to sit there.

Also the tires on my 4Runner are half what we paid for the Focus (Maxxis Razors vs Pirellis) … I think a lot depends on the area you live in as well. Out here it’s 4wd country and everyone has a truck or SUV while not everyone has a sedan.

Last edited by M Rose; 09-29-21 at 11:23 PM.