Old 08-02-19, 11:46 AM
anon06

Bikes: Giant Cypress

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by anon06
...But, yeah, I don't really expect them to do anything; it was actually my parents' idea to contact someone about the problem
I was trying to add, "...because they got tired of me being angry and venting about it."

But, yeah, I don't really expect the town or cycling advocacy group to do anything; that's why I, normally, don't bother contacting anyone because I always think that others won't do anything or care.

Trying to do something by contacting the town and a state cycling advocacy group, feels a bit better than just fuming about it at home all the time, feeling helpless. If nothing happens, fine; that's typical and expected. If something does, great.

But I really hope that the situation doesn't become worse, with a driver(s) becoming so angry from assuming that I'm doing something wrong and illegal when I'm not, that they might purposely decide to hit me or graze me with their vehicle, pull out a weapon, etc. There is a problem, here, with drivers drinking and driving; there are always broken beer bottles and cans that are thrown along the side of the road.

(I've heard of other cyclists in rural areas around the country being hit by others drivers, purposely, because the driver didn't like that the cyclist was cycling on the road; the driver pulling out their weapon at the cyclist, etc.)

Even though most drivers might be okay and safe, all it takes is one drunk or angry driver to do something in "road rage," purposely, that injures or kills a cyclist. I already got bitten for the first time in my life by a stranger's loose dog (whose owner thought that their dog wouldn't ever bit anyone), here, after so many years of being chased by dozens of dogs and not being bitten, and with being mostly harassed in this town while cycling, and watching drivers speed, not signal, honk in anger at other drivers, residents being arrested for drugs, etc., it just kind of feels as though more dangerous things can and do happen here, especially for such a small town with a low population. It's not an area with highly educated people.

Now that I think about it, there is one other route that goes into town; I've been on it, once before and it was very busy on the weekend, but I think there might be slightly a little less traffic than on the route I normally use, and therfore, possibly, less harassment, there. I think I'll try that route, instead, and see.

Last edited by anon06; 08-02-19 at 12:20 PM.