Old 05-24-22, 05:46 AM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by JW Fas
An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. Catching a motorist red-handed sounds nice on paper, but it fails to account for the kind of motorist who would intentionally run you off the road (thus severely injuring or killing you). If an approaching motorist can't see any cameras, are the cameras hidden or simply absent? They don't know, and they will likely act as if they are absent. Catching a motorist with a hidden camera won't be so appealing when you have tens of thousands of dollars in hospital bills and long-lasting (if not lifelong) injuries that impair your mobility. Plus, how will you capture an offending motorist's face with a hidden camera setup? Concealing a rear camera is very difficult, if not outright impossible. For a hidden front camera your options are limited to a handlebar or chest mount, and in neither of those cases will the camera be high enough or rotate enough to get a person's face. If you're in the US and a motorist harasses you but doesn't make physical contact, the police won't do anything unless you can identify the driver visually. It's far more prudent to make your camera(s) glaringly obvious to approaching motorists.
When I'm driving, I only notice cameras on a rider if the camera is mounted at the back of the helmet. If mounted anywhere else, I won't notice unless I'm passing slowly.

Most riders don't have mounted cameras on them. Another important safety equipment is mirror but most riders don't have them either. I won't argue that visible cameras and mirrors will further improve your chances on the road. I use helmet mirror. However, it's the not the rule, not yet at least and no one here will get mad at you for putting your camera in less visible spots. At least start using mirror, especially a helmet or glass mounted mirror so you don't lose too much of that advantage.

Anyway, I'm only suggesting it as an option to catch offenders red-handed to put an end to their reign of terror. Obviously, it negates the purpose of the camera, serving as a deterrent to would-be offenders. But one less offender makes it safer for everyone, not just you and word spreads.

And we saw in your video the obvious, the offenders did not see your camera, otherwise, they would not have done what they did.

And sorry, can't help but notice, the offender posing exactly like the one on Michaelangelo's painting!

Last edited by koala logs; 05-24-22 at 05:50 AM.
Likes For koala logs: