Old 09-17-22, 02:24 PM
fujidon

Bikes: Fuji Pro, Raleigh Team, touring bike, hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
After I got SPD cleats I was good for the first couple years with no falls when stopped. Then I had a rash of them during a full season of cycling and in the most embarrassing places with the most spectators both cyclist and non-cyclists. I got over it and so far have been issue free for quite some time now.

The most helpful thing for me is to clip out one foot any time I come to a place I might have to stop and to position that foot so it won't accidentally clip back in until the chance of having to stop passes. Sometimes I'll flip the pedal upside down... though if you have double-sided pedals that won't work.
I do have double-sided SPD pedals and on those rare occasions when I don't want to clip in, I place my foot further forward on the pedal, I can still pedal, but poorly and I won't accidentally clip in.

I really only do this on very rough roads where walking would be the next alternative.

Of course, clipping in/out has become so second nature that I can't remember the last time I did this.
Likes For fujidon: