Old 05-23-10, 11:48 PM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Some folks have figured out that "Sixty Fiver" isn't my age (although I often feel like it is) but the year I was born but it goes a little deeper than this as there used to be a little club of two that was called the "Sixty Fivers" that was made up of myself and my close friend and for a time, co worker.

She was a wonderful human being and I have never met anyone with so much courage and strength who was always willing to give everything she had to help other people even when she was in a great deal of pain.

She did most of these things quietly and without any accolade and it was only at her funeral that I met people who had been touched by her generosity and compassion.

Most people did not know that she suffered from deep bouts of depression and we had a rule that we would talk every day, if only for a few minutes, and if I could not reach her that I could come and kick down her door.

She passed away 4 years ago from complications that resulted from a car accident where she had broken her leg... she had almost recovered from this and was almost ready to come back to work but an undetected blood clot in her leg broke loose and caused a fatal heart attack.

So now there is just one of us left... membership in the club was more about the sharing of common experiences and the trust that only the closest of friends have between each other.

And that avatar is my alter ego... I usually go about my daily business dressed as Superman.

Last edited by Sixty Fiver; 05-24-10 at 10:46 AM.