Old 03-25-20, 11:29 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Edit to add: here's some objective data: https://www.cyclinganalytics.com/blo...output-compare

Edit #2 : take a look at the Taiwan KOM challenge results. The best female rider finished last year's race at a time of just under 3h52m, the fastest man rode the same course in a bit over 3h24m.
​​​​​​
There's a significant difference. Annemiek van Vleuten is one of the world's best female road cyclists (in fact she is the reigning World Champion and former World TT champ) and can barely keep up on training rides with the Michelton-Scott men even while drafting the entire time. And GCN thinks she might train the hardest of any pro, male or female! No slight to her at all, there's just a huge physiological gap between men and women when it comes to top-end road cycling (epic endurance events OTOH, women actually might be better)

As far as amateur riding goes, I guess I'd be in the top 10-15% on most of the local Strava segments that have 100s to 1000s of riders, but usually my times would put me top-10 amongst the times posted by females, sometimes equal to the QOM time. I've only been riding for 2 years after not doing anything athletic for a decade prior.

With large group rides in Zwift, usually I'll finish ahead of all female riders with the odd exception of 1 or 2 on days I blow up staying with a front group beyond my capabilities.
​​

Last edited by surak; 03-25-20 at 11:47 PM.