Old 06-22-21, 10:56 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
As one who always wears glasses - all glasses have limitations. Sunglasses are no different. Different types of glasses have different limitations. Polarized ones often eliminate information from reflected light. Non-polarized, even dark sunglasses can have issues with reflections being too bright and making the less bright scenes harder to see.

I like polarized sunglasses for cycling though if I rode more in potentially icy conditions, I might get a pair that weren't for winter use. (But - a lot of ice cannot be seen even with regular glasses. Ride prudently or accept the occasional slide-out.) For sailboat racing on San Francisco Bay, I hated polarized. I couldn't see the light reflected on the water surface; ie the information about the wind and current right there. Instead I could count the fish. Not very useful. Replaced them with very expensive prescription Vaurnets, the lenses with the mirror gradient top and bottom. Super sailboat racing glasses! I could spend hours with the sun in the frame controlling the spinnaker with the reflection off the water also blocked and still be able to look down into the cabin and see. But on a bicycle? That gradient simply didn't work. Almost dangerous.