Old 01-28-22, 04:29 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
Like I said.....

Originally Posted by merziac
Just spitballin here so take it for what its worth, maybe someone robbed an offset crown fork off it?

Aside from that I think you're doing just fine, especially if the PIA was in your comfort zone.
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
I, too, suspect the fork is a replacement. The Ishiwata and JIS stamps on the steer tube are characteristic of Ishiwata factory brazed replacement forks, and the Shimano fork ends don't match the Campagnolo dropouts on the rear
Originally Posted by unworthy1
The clear solution to this being a tad too tall: get your legs stretched!

I think there may be a timeframe gap between when frame was built (looks just like my earlier than '86 "Cyclone Super Record Export", built with Ishiwata 024, yes 24 not 22 and also has over-BB cable routing) and when that Ishiwata fork MIGHT have been built. But not necessarily done post-market

To my limited knowledge the frame seems like it SHOULD have had the more conventional (as in with forged offset crown and blades) not this slightly "aero/Unicrownish style" chrome fork.
But that's purely IMO and best taken with a grain of salt.
Originally Posted by oktober
RIGHT?! So weird to me.

Andy Muzi agrees with you. He said if it was the original factory choice it should have the serial number stamped on the steer tube, which it does not. It *is* period correct, and much like other unicrown forks available, but it was not put together at the 3Rensho factory (probably).

Last edited by merziac; 01-29-22 at 02:24 AM.
Likes For merziac: