MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10176 Post(s)
Liked 5,873 Times in 3,161 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS

This pain scale is something i found that i can relate to. I live between 4-6. I'm usually at 5 sometimes at 7 which is when I escape it with a 3 hour nap.

I recently discovered I might have some hope in avoiding major surgery. It seems like I might have what is called a toxic annular tear. This can be treated with removal of debris floating inside the bad disc and treating the disc with a change in the chemistry inside the disc by lowering the ph from acid to base and possibly ablating sensory nerves. This can be done on an outpatient basis. If my upcoming discogram shows leakage of the dye injected in it and it also provokes my ongoing pain, that is the indication what I described above could work. I will ask about this once I know my discogram results. If ​​​ MoAlpha would like to comment further it would be appreciated.
My only comment is, “Aha, yet another thing I know nothing about!” The clinical head of our neurosurgery branch does a lot of pain intervention stuff. I’ll ask him what he knows about it.