Old 09-22-22, 01:00 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,406 Times in 1,206 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
Are they yours or did you just run into someone with them? I want one of those so bad, my wife stole mine.
The one in front is mine, the one with the racks and fenders is Prowler’s. Photo taken on a recent ride in his hometown area west of Philadelphia.

This is actually my third ‘87 Voyageur. The first one was also red and like new, barely ridden by the original owner. Really liked it but hated the squealing and poorly performing cantilever brakes, despite advice from experts and much labor and money spent. So, that one got sold. Second one was a basket case frameset that a MN BF member picked up for me; it was shipped out to Gugie in Oregon, who performed his magic butchery and turned it into a pretty decent 650b Eroica/gravel bike/tourer named Schwinderella. Sadly, I fell under the spell of Mavic centerpull post mounted brakes for that build, which also failed to impress me with their braking power, so that one also got sold.

Couple of years ago started looking for another low mileage one in red, figuring that with my advanced age and improved mechanical knowledge, I’d be able to make the darn thing stop. This one showed up on CL in Berkely CA the same weekend I arrived in SFO for Eroica. Picking it up was a bit of a story for another time, but it was every bit the low mileage Voyageur represented by the seller, who also boxed it up for me to ship back to VA.