Old 06-06-23, 10:11 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
As to wheelsets, general conventional wisdom is lighter is better. The Deep V's are going to be quite a bit heavier at the rim which will contribute a slower feel to the bike than the Open Pro's. Whether or not that matters is up to you. The Open Pro', although maligned as "dated" are better than people give them credit for.

As for myself, if I were to "upgrade" from the Open Pro's, I would look for a set that is tubeless capable to enable the joys of lower rolling resistance and puncture protection that tubeless provides. Even if you never decide that tubeless is for you, the potential future option of doing do is nice to have. Velocity A23's are one popular rim that would definitely look stellar on that bike in silver & be all the rim you'd ever need.

I'd ride the bike for a season first just to be sure it is indeed a match in the love department before sinking any money into wheelsets. If you do decide it's a match, then no dollar amount will be too high & you can spend in good conscience skipping the middle ground no mans land of dating wheelsets until the right one comes along.