View Single Post
Old 02-16-21, 06:17 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,023 Times in 665 Posts
It is 40 holes in the hub and 40 in the rim. I missed the pictures because I was typing.

Originally Posted by scarlson
It's all the drive-side spokes that are poking up, no? Because they have a tiny bit less distance to go. This was a common problem for single walled rims back when they were more widely used. I'm guessing the bike shop also hasn't built a single walled rim recently either.

I'd just grind 'em. It will be fine. If you don't have a grinder, use a file. It'll take you less time to do that than to go fight with the shop about it. Don't go there again, build the wheels yourself next time!

Most of the strength of a spoke nipple comes from the threads in the head. Ergo, better too long than too short. I've done this a time or two and never had an issue, even on tandems.
While that may be true they really should not have an issue with getting this right and be given the opportunity to correct it, or prove that they don't deserve your business, at least, not for wheel building.
Likes For Velo Mule: