View Single Post
Old 03-16-21, 10:24 PM
greggk34

Bikes: Santa Cruz 5010, Cannondale Synapse, Colnago Master-X-Light, Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Jim Gregory built long cargo bike

Hello All,

I hope this isn't against the rules, mods, if it is please remove.

I work for a Bay Area non-profit and we recently received a Jim Gregory (www.bikesatwork.com) built super long cargo bike as a donation. Part of keeping our non-profit going is that we sell some of the nicer bikes to help fund the org and the money from the bikes sold help pay for things like rent, parts, accessories, etc....

The issue I am finding is that this bike is so unique, it is hard to gauge what we should ask for it. Overall condition is a solid good, no better, no worse.

Bike description is:
The bike was used to haul two big dogs for local parades but it has many uses. The cargo area currently has a 54 gallon Rubbermaid bin securely anchored to it. It is rigged for lights.

With about a 9 foot wheelbase, this bike can be a handful to steer, so it is definitely designed for the enthusiast type of rider. It has a steel frame and fork, 26" tires, front and rear disc brakes and a Shimano 3x9 drivetrain with SRAM twist shifters. The bike has a unique spring-loaded centerstand to help stabilize the cargo area during loading and unloading.

Component highlights include: Sun Rhyno Lite rims, Deore hubs, Avid mechanical hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano cranks, XT rear derailleur, Brooks leather saddle, front and rear fenders and plenty of tread left on the tires.

Cargo capacity is up to 150 lbs easy, but the bike has been known to carry about 250 lbs for short distances. The frame is part-able with pinch bolts on the cargo bay tubing.

What do you guys think? We have posted a local CL ad for it starting it at $1150 (which means about $1050 to the org, since we have to charge tax).

Am I totally off? Close? Thanks for any input.

Sorry, but I don't have enough bikeforums credits to post a pic or URL.