View Single Post
Old 01-11-23, 09:12 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
Originally Posted by redshift1
While not directly related to the possible fork damage question, I observed something about a week ago which has amazingly left me in no doubt what to do if ever I am heading into a curb ( for whatever reason. )

A cyclist travelling fast ( I'm estimating 30 km/h ) on the road was obviously in no mind to slow down and wait for his turn to join the cycle path at the conventional point. Instead he continued with unabated speed square on to an upcoming curb and just when I thought he was an amateur about to subject his bike to a big impact ( whether he made it over the kerb or not ), he performed the most effortless lift of the entire bike ( up about 4 or 5 inches ) and silently slid over the curb as if it wasn't there.

Of course you need to be using clipless pedals and it's best to do a few practice "jumps" on the flat to get the feel of it.

I am pretty sure I will remember to do this in future if ever faced with an involuntary "kerbing" as it left quite an impression on me and most likely would save bike and possible limb. Worth doing as unlikely to do anything but improve the outcome.
"Bunny hop."
It's cool for manhole covers, speed bumps & potholes,

Car dependency is a tax.
Likes For base2: