View Single Post
Old 06-27-22, 09:42 AM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 523 Times in 291 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
My first CO was border—Nyssa to Florence. While it was all on road there looked to be some off road riding around, especially in Malheur on the way to John Day. In 2012 we did some of the Oregon Outback starring in Bly up to Silver Lake. There was basically nothing in between in the way of commercial activity. Almost no traffic. Our rest stops we’re wherever they could find space off the road. Within last couple of years I read an article about bikepacking the Outback. It may have been in Adventure Cyclist.
​​​​​​I'd love to do a ride through the Steens Mountains in Southeastern Oregon. This route through the area looks amazing.
Years ago I fished Owyhee Reservoir near Nyssa. There are gravel roads south of the reservoir that are insanely remote that have probably never seen a bike tire on them.
The northeast corner has huge potential for off pavement trips with many small towns to replenish supplies.
Likes For mtnbud: