TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Zwift event I have planned for Saturday, an A race on "The Pretzel" route, 70km with two big climbs, It's gonna split up over Epic KOM and form gruopettos, then again on the way up the back side later, and likely come in in groups of 1's and 2's at the finish.
Ya, that was hard. 4th overall (out of 22), 4th out of 10 starting A's. 3.5 w/kg average for 2 hrs and change, harder on the climbs of course.

It split up right away on the the first climb, Epic KOM, which was kinda demoralizing. After 21 or so minutes of climbing, I was 7th on the road, and it was clear that me and the mini group I was in would catch two ahead that were really struggling up the steep radio tower second climb. Most of the rest was fairly uneventful, more people getting dropped up front, and out of our group as well. It's really easy to over extend yourself on the climbs on this course.

It was really me and 1 other rider for the last 22 or so miles, including the second 20+ minute climb. We went over it together, in fact he had ~10s on me mid way through but I caught back on. He attacked me several times over the last bits, but I was able to stick them and wanted it to come down to a sprint, which I beat him in.

I'm spent! Was still sweating for a good 30 minutes after my shower...
Likes For TMonk: