Old 09-13-21, 09:20 PM
Jumpski

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV disk, and rim brake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
I've been off the bike for about a month and a half now on the advice of my cardiologist but got the green light yesterday to ride. Some of my numbers were through the roof, but a nuclear stress test showed absolutely nothing wrong! In fact, the crew doing the test was a little puzzled as to why I was there as they usually only see patients that have had some problems. I could see that from the other patients waiting, none of them looked healthy. We stopped the treadmill at a point far beyond the target, and I could have kept going but the point was already made and was still talking to the techs like nothing was happening. If you've ever done a stress test you know how it gets progressively harder, I was two stages past target.

It is a sunny day today, but winds are gusting over 20mph and even in my best shape I hate riding in the wind. Maybe it's just a day to do laps in the park. I can hear the wind whistling while I type this. Ugh.

And to think I'd posted about my first 50 mile ride and hundred mile week just 6 weeks ago and now I have to start again. It won't take long I hope to get up there.
I’ve learned to embrace the wind. I use to dread cycling in the wind, and now not so much. It won’t take long at all to get up to your previous mileage -
have fun.