Old 04-29-22, 06:44 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Cafe' roll or workout roll? It matters. The cafe' roll nobody on that ride should care either way as you're there to chat, have snacks and coffee, and enjoy the day. Not hammer or get in some XX min of zone X training into the ride. It annoys me to no end on the weekend fun roll the teammate who shows up to show off saying "oh, I'm going to go off front for a couple intervals then let you catch me". Then why did you come at all if we won't see you for 1/3 of the ride?

Workout roll? There will usually be a rotation protocol if the group is worth riding with for the workout. "We're going to do three 20min sets where we average 25mph and you pull off every 30 seconds".

A lot of disorganized workout rides go down the toilet hole of randomly trying to stay together but also hammering different segments along the way. These rides can be loathsome as folks "think" they accomplish something on the flats or downhills by sitting on the front for 5min at a time going slow as balls. When in reality, you need to let a group rotate constantly up front to keep the speed up. I stopped doing those kind of rides as they are disorganized and pointless.

I can average the same speed alone the in-town workout ride like that does alone, not because of any strength, but because they don't freaking rotate enough to keep the speed up.

So my workouts are alone. Then if I want spicy I do the racing simulation hammer ride.
Likes For burnthesheep: