Old 06-19-21, 04:03 PM
Nessism

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Carbon Forks

(mods) Please forgive it this thread doesn't seem to belong in the Framebuilders forum. I'm posting here because my most recent frame build employed a (to me) tried and trued Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork, but when running a 25C tire (Continental GP 4000) on a 24 mm wide rim there is only a couple mm of clearance between the tire and the fork. I picked up a piece of road debris today which stopped me in my tracks, and my Garmin Viisoactive smartwatch (which isn't particularly "smart") sent a message to my son when I was forced to stop thinking an emergency occurred! I've always liked the ride quality of the Reynolds forks and I've stocked up and have a couple in reserve for future builds, but I also like the modern trend towards wider rims and bigger tires and that's where things get wonky.

Anyone have any suggestions for carbon forks that has clearance for modern tires but also reasonably matches a traditional lugged frame build? My frame employs extra OS tubing so I'm wondering about the Enve forks? Do they have clearance for modern road tires on wide rims? Any other suggestions other than building my own steel fork? If it comes to that I'm onboard, but holding that option in reserve.

Last edited by Nessism; 06-21-21 at 11:55 AM.