Old 09-30-22, 01:16 AM
bcsteeve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alexk_il
IDid you put the tire sealant?
No. As suggested earlier, I'm trying a dry run to see it it holds air..
I Is your tire tubeless?
It is now! Lol. But yeah, rim and tire both marked tubeless ready.
IDid you ask why the previous owner didn't run the wheel tubeless despite the conversion?
no, I didn't even really know what it meant. He told me the rear was coverted and the front was ready to go with kit included. He also admitted the rear has been plugged. So my guess? He took it to a shop, and the shop said "sure I can repair it. You know this is a sweet tubeless ready setup, right? Want me to change it over?" And he answered, "hells yeah".

But that's just a guess based on what I would have done.

What I'm a little confused is how the rear tire still has the same valve stem as the front. The kit has two tubeless stems and they are black. The rear one looks exactly like the front tubed one, which is silver.

I'm starting to wonder if the rear has a tube too . I did get the sense that the previous owner wasn't much less of a noob than I
I If all good, you might want to invest in a proper compressor tank for your pump. Or a proper pump.
​​​​
sure, that's one way to go... but I like the garden sprayer idea, so I'm going to see if I can make that work first. Cheap and multipurpose
Likes For bcsteeve: