phile

Bikes: van moof dropdown, btwin triban 100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts
need info/ schematics/ advice on dutch bakfiets

so first off this is the patient:

it was a bike left abandoned that i will be working on to make it a bit of a summer shenanigans bike.

did some test rides and found out following:

need to somehow either move handlebars forward or saddle, as current riding position can best be described as t rex arms and is exhausting
need to somehow add a second wheel up front preferably side to side with first one to add more stability. adults very likely will be in front "bak" cause we're idiots
front brakes need to be redone as i have zero front brakes but do have back pedal brakes. would prefer to change to regular rim or disc brakes. thinking rim brakes would be easier
i believe all gearing is through internal hub, would like to get faster gears while maintaining the lower ones for climbing cause this thing is heavy

i am momentarily thinking chop frame somewhere in front of pedals and extend a bit to avoid those t rex arms but not entirely sure.

any help with any of the aforementioned observations or any resources on how these various parts work and how to upgrade would be highly appreciated