View Single Post
Old 06-08-21, 11:26 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked 2,209 Times in 1,102 Posts
Early in my membership here, I thought there was a better way to categorize topics of discussion. How arrogant. The scope of knowledge and experience is unique to this forum along with the personalities. Fortunately the range of personalities tends to be a heck of a lot more civil than elsewhere.

I learned a lot here and I mean C&V. I too visit other forums but this is home.

I can understand the apparent lack of attention to the 8-11V topics but it isn't unlike so many other aging experiences. What is contemporary to me is now 40 years old or more. I consider the latest addition, 1988 De Rosa Pro with full 10V record, a new bike. It exists in my happy place because of this forum and specifically C&V. Thank you to all of those who have contributed to my OCDness!

If threads are going to be moved, there is a gold mine of threads in the mechanics, framebuilders, 50+, folding bikes, tandems, SS, etc. forums.

If this trend of "fixing what ain't broke" and "change for change sake" is going to happen, what about a forum based on eroica qualifications to be used for C&V criteria?