canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Why the obsession with strong cranks? Are you saying you put more power into a crank than Cavendish or Ewan? They ride hollowtech II don't they?
I'm obsessed with my testicles. They've been with me for a long time. I'd rather not plant 'em in the top tube.

Seriously, tho', I do get out of the saddle quite a bit, which could be awkward if something broke. If I only sit and spin it'd be less of a concern, but I'm not really good at churning butter at 100 rpm for long before blood starts squirting out of my eyes.

Anyway, according to most reports of breakage of the 6800 and newer hollowstuff, there are warning signs that some owners ignored. Such as creaking that they misattributed to the BB30 fit, but turned out to be an incipient bonding separation or crack. The pros have mechanics who can spot that stuff and replace 'em as needed. I don't have that kind of cash.

And if it's accurate that my 6700 cranks are solid, mebbe I'll just look for a good used set in 170 or maybe 172.5, and perhaps smaller chainrings, although I don't really have a problem with the 53/39 since we don't have any mountains here. The 39 chainring and 28 cog have been good enough for our short, steep hillettes when my legs are dead.