Old 09-06-21, 05:01 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
One of my favorite feelings at TTown is being completely spun out at 145rpm and just holding on to the draft and the cadence for dear life as the uci giants in front of me rip it up, going so fast through turns 3 and 4 that the rear wheel starts hopping around underneath me. I'm I hope you get that thrill soon!
Err I'm a long, long way away from that! haha. But man, I am hooked. I get out there and instantly feel like, yeah, this is it. I didn't get that feeling in SoCal or when I line up for a crit. I mean, yes, it's fun and exciting and cool and all that, but I never felt like, this is *it*. But the track... I even said to the Missus that if I lived near the track I'd be there for all the open sessions, I'd be racing there all the time... I'd live on the track. Well, one short effort at a time.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson